Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Trying something different

You can't go wrong trying new things in life, especially when it comes to food. At least that's what my mother told me growing up. On my third day of class at SJI, the Missouri atmosphere started to become relatively familiar. During our lunch break, my classmates and I walked through Columbia, and I found myself mesmerized by the college town scenery. Our guest speaker Candace Buckner, an SJI student in 2001 who now covers the Pacers for the Indianapolis Star, walked with us, and we were given a choice of two spots for lunch: Jimmy John's or a local spot called Seoul Taco. I was used to Jimmy Johns in Houston so I went for the novelty of Seoul Taco. I typically go for plain food but I ventured out by ordering a burrito that was very tasty thanks to a tangy sauce that added a twist to the flavor. My conclusion: My mother was right, and trying a new taste experience was a good move. I'll long look back to my meal at Seoul Taco as a reminder of my enjoyable lunch breaks with my classmates. -- Canaan Cadwell

No comments:

Post a Comment