Sunday, May 29, 2016

Not waiting an opportunity

My adrenaline kicked in on Saturday. The previous day I had been up for nearly 20 hours, the majority of which were spent traveling, yet I was fine. Then Sunday rolled around and we spent about five long hours in the car driving to and from the Royals game. The game itself was a great experience and I felt like I was rolling. I love attending new stadiums because each one is unique and has its own flair. However, the days have been long, but at the same time, I have nothing to complain about. We’re receiving valuable information and learning experiences that I won’t find elsewhere. I want to become a better writer, a better sports reporter, and this is the place to do so. My energy may be lagging, but I’ll keep going no matter what. I have an incredible opportunity this week, something plenty of students across the country strive for, and I don’t plan on wasting my time. I’m meeting a lot of professionals in the field, people who I will reach out to in the near future to help me with my own career. -- Kim Brenneisen

No comments:

Post a Comment