Monday, May 30, 2016

A needed deadline lesson

In three years writing for my school paper, I had never experienced as much pressure as I did today. Writing stories on deadline is something I’ve been accustomed to, but my deadlines have never been as tight as they were for writing the game story on the White Sox and Royals game. Things seemed to be going pretty smoothly for most of the game, and I was very satisfied with my game story until the Royals pulled off a miraculous six-run comeback and scored seven in the ninth to win. The Royals won the game but destroyed my soul. Most of my game story had to be deleted, and I had to rearrange it so that it would still make sense. It was a valuable lesson I learned today, and one that I greatly appreciate. This is something that can, and frankly, will happen in the future. There will be several times where my game story will be torn to pieces because of a comeback, and today taught me how to handle an unfortunate situation and not crumble. -- Daniel Ynfante

No comments:

Post a Comment