Thursday, June 2, 2016

Midnight stroll

While I was listening to some of the the guys speak last night, I decided to watch a video someone sent me earlier in the day. [background music from video] "What we gonna do? We gonna save that money!" The four guys with me were curious what I was watching. The brothers of Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Incorporated were performing in a yard show at UGA (my school). In the top left of the screen was yours truly. Being so busy with SJI, I have not  had time to fully break out of my shell, so I think everyone who saw the video saw a different side of me. As I relived the moments of strolling with my fraternity brothers, the guys wanted to see me re-enact some of the moves. I did, even though the clock read midnightStrolling does not mean "a walk in the park," at least not to predominantly black fraternities and sororities. Strolling is more than just dancing. When I hear "P! B! P-B-S!" from across the room, kiss the journalist in me goodbye for the duration of the stroll.-- Damian Reynolds

No comments:

Post a Comment